Well, cookies are a little harder to make than chicken. A little more was lost in translation. . . at first there were two ingredients I couldn't find (and that didn't translate). So, I asked about them at the store, and I was able to find one of them: packet of vanilla. The other, however, was unknown to the ladies at the store. So, I went to the market outside our apartment and asked a gentleman there. He didn't know, so he asked someone else, who also didn't know, so they, along with a third person stared at my piece of paper for a while. Then, one of the men said, "Ah, yes, its the red egg!" I repeated and asked, "The red egg". He assured me that's what it was. So, I went and bought some regular eggs, figuring that would be adequate.
Then, when I got home and translated the directions, I couldn't find them instructing you to use the "red egg", so I left the eggs out at first. This is what came of it:
They were individual cookies to begin with, but they all melted together. . . so, I tried the second batch, but smaller:
Needless to say, I threw them away and turned down the oven. Then, I decided to add an egg to the remaining dough (the original recipe called for 5 "red" eggs, so 1 towards the end seemed close enough). This is what they turned out like:
Yay! Real Cookies!!! So, the moral of the story is: Use Eggs!