Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eat With Me: Asparagus Risotto

Well, I loved the Asparagus Risotto I had at the Olive Garden, so I thought I'd try it here, too!  Sorry I haven't figured out the metric conversion to cups and such, when I get home, though, I'll work on it!

What you’ll need:


300 g fine rice

1 kg asparagus

60 g butter

60 g grated parmesean

1 onion

About 1 liter broth

Olive oil

Salt

What to do:

Trim the asparagus of any woody parts, wash and let drain. Divide the tips from the stalks. Peel and chop the onion and sauté in half the butter and three tablespoons of oil. Set the asparagus tips aside, but cook the stalks for about 3 minutes.
Turn up the heat and add the rice, cook for about 2 minutes until the rice becomes clear, stirring constantly. Stir in a few ladlefuls of hot broth at a time, letting it soak into the rice/evaporate between each addition.  This should take about 12 minutes (or until the rice is cooked, if you run out of broth before it's done, add water).
Then mix the asparagus tips in and cook for 6 minutes. Turn down the heat to low, mix in the remaining butter and the parmesan. Let rest a few minutes before serving.



Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment