Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Roman Holiday (more or less)

Well, today has been a pretty good day.  After a little bit of a rockey start when Clint and I had troubles with skype, I went to "class" and after that, my good friend, Sarada, and her family and I walked around and had a good afternoon.  We went to the Pantheon and an art store and had dinner and made some travel plans for the weekends, and had a grand ol' time!  So, here's some pictures!

Here I am about to land in the Toronto airport, notice how bright-eyed and bushy-tailed I look!




And about to land in Rome, notice the squinty, baggy eyes. . . that's what a lot of flying does to you, and my day wasn't even half over yet!




This is what I did while worrying everyone at home. . .


Ate gelatto in the Campo. . .






Looked at beautiful buildings. . .






Took pictures with me in them. . .
 and tried not to fall asleep in public, although I definitely dozzed off in the Rome Center. . .

I promised some pictures of the Rome Center building (Palazzo Pio) and my apartment, so here they are!

My apartment, covered in scaffolding and a sheet printed to look like a building, with a lovely advertisement (which is brightly lit outside our bedroom window at night).  While I was walking around the Camp yesterday, there was also a drunken man laying on the ground in front of the building who laughed manically at anyone who walked by, but I think the police shoo-ed him away. . .






The Palazzo Pio or Rome Center building.  Our door is the imposing one in the middle with all the graffitti on it. I have to say, Rome is much more graffitti-covered, and generally dirtier than I had expected. . . but it's still lovely and pictureseque. . .



This is the stairwell in the building, thank goodness there is also an elevator (which is more than I can say for our apartment). . .

Later I'll post about the Pantheon.  I'm also planning on going to Vatican City this weekend (or sooner, if I can), so there'll be pics of that someday as well.  We also have lots of tours planned, so I'm sure I'll learn lots and get to see a lot as well, which I will, of course, share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment