Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oven Fried Chicken

Want to know what I spent the best 33 cents of my life on?  An Amish cookbook from Goodwill.  It seriously has the best recipes in it!  At least the ones I'm willing to try are really good.  For some reason, jellied meats just aren't in the cards for me. . . but anyway!  This is the yummiest fried chicken recipe I've ever tried, seriously, I think it's way better than shake-n-bake, and I'm sure a whole lot healthier, too!


1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use olive)
1/3 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp marjoram
1 whole chicken, cut up

Put oil and butter in baking pan and put in 375 oven to melt.


In a paper bag (or if you're me, a pyrex bowl with lid), mix flour and seasonings.


Roll chicken in melted butter mixture, then put in flour mixture and shake!  This works best if you do just a few pieces at a time.


Put floured chicken in the melted butter pan, skin side down.


Bake for 45 minutes at 375.

With tongs or a spatula, turn chicken over and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes, until the top crust starts to bubble, or you think it's crispy enough and done all the way through.  I usually leave the breasts in a bit longer than the rest, just to make sure they're cooked all the way through.  It's good either hot or room temperature, so perfect for Sunday dinner or a picnic!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment