Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Threads - A Sweater for Clint

Okay, okay, so I know yarn isn't technically thread, but still, it's in the same theme of making things from fibers.  Plus, I like to knit - a lot - and no days of the week work cleverly with knit or yarn or needle or anything like that, so!  Thursday Threads will include (quite often, I imagine) knitting projects.

Back in December I was inspired to start knitting again and started a sweater for Clint.  He picked out the pattern (actually, asked me to combine two patterns and modify it beyond that, but I think I'll be able to pull it off), yarn, everything.  He wanted 100% wool, and we found some lovely dark brown virgin wool that is working beautifully.  For the fair isle pattern, he still wanted a natural colour, and since I already had some of the cream colored wool-acrylic blend, he decided it would be a good match.

The back is all done, up to the neck line.

The front is still a work in progress.

This was my first time working multiple colours on the same row, but I think I pulled it off alright!

One of the patterns I'm using.

Basically, this is the collar Clint wants, just with one or two more buttons to make it a bit longer, sort of like a turtle-neck.  Anyway, it's coming along nicely but slowly.  My plan is to get it finished in time for fall weather, so I've got a bit of time to get it done.  I do have incentive to finish it, though, because I only allow myself one project at a time (otherwise I would have a million unfinished projects hanging around the house), and I'm wanting to make myself some socks!  And a sweater, too, probably, but I think I'll take on a smaller project after this one . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment