Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quilt Pattern

I have had this quilt picked out for quite a while, but I have just now gotten started on it (thanks to encouragement from my amazing husband).  It's called square in a square in a box.  I found it on http://www.free-quilting.com/, but I think it originally was published in Quick and Easy Quilting Magazine in 2002.

Square-in-a-Square in a Box

Of course, my quilt won't look like this, because I'm not really following the color guides exactly, since I've acquired all my fabric from the stashes of various relatives.  And, it will be quite a bit bigger, since I want it to fit our queen size bed.  I think it will take about 210 squares to make it the size we want.  So, I've got a bit of work ahead of me, but that's okay!

Since I've never made a quilt before, and I'm used to using patterns, I decided to go ahead and make a pattern for this quilt design.  Basically, this is it (click to see original size):


I'll post next week about how to assemble the squares, so be sure to look for that!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been linked!

Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment